Out of the Blue Delivered is excited to show you the newest creation in unique awareness jewelry by our artisan Karyn featuring a heart-shaped hematite bead and wire sculpted using Argentium anti-tarnish sterling silver wire. A silver ribbon charm with the word “hope” dangles from the end of the earring. The biggest challenge in wire-sculpting is getting the pair of earrings to mirror one another exactly. This is where Karyn’s excellence shines through… the craftsmanship of her original designs are top quality.At just $22, These earrings would make a perfect gift for anyone wanting to support or honor someone with brain cancer, Parkinson’s disease or diabetes.
Yep, it’s October and pink is once again the dominating color reminding us to get our annual boobie-squishing! Out of the Blue Delivered has creative gift ideas for all the cancer fighters in your life!
In honor of one of our good friends and breast cancer survivor Jacki Donaldson of My Breast Cancer Blog, we created the Jacki’s Cancer Patient iCare Package. This care package is filled with the things she says that a cancer patient needs most: socks (Because they are always cold!), lotion (Because chemo dries out their skin) and a Bernie Siegel Book (She loves his uplifting messages!)
Out of the Blue Delivered specializes in unique gifts and care packages for the tough stuff in life. Who needs to know that you care today?
Tips for Showing that You Care After a Friend’s Cancer Diagnosis
Have you had your annual boobie squishing or physical yet this year? Be sure to remember to take care of yourself. So many times we get busy over the summer that we postpone our own care!
Unfortunately, most of us have already been touched by cancer… breast, lung, prostate, lymphoma, leukemia, colon, ovarian, cervical, etc.
What’s a girl to do when her business associate, friend or loved one is faced with cancer? Well, here are a few tips I picked up during my 12 years of treating cancer patients:
- First, depending on your relationship with the patient, drop by, send a card or leave a message of support. It’s ok to send funny, uplifting cards – they don’t all have to be serious and deep.
- It’s ok to tell her/him that you want to help but don’t know what to do or say! The patient just needs to know that you care and support her. The patient has a whole medical team to give her answers!
- When you’re with your friend, take cues on the conversation. There will be times they want to talk about the diagnosis and journey and other days when thety will want to avoid it altogether!
- Remember that cancer affects all of those in the patient’s immediate circle. Depending on the situation, offer to give the caregiver a break by driving the patient to an appointment or treatment, watching the kids or grocery shopping.
- If the patient has a family, drop by with dinner. Don’t ask, just do it! Many times, patients hesitate to ask or accept help. Figure out how you can help and go for it!
- Google and learn. Did you know that there many types of breast cancer? or lung cancer? etc. Learn about their specific type so that you can better understand the patient’s journey. This knowledge is for YOU! Do NOT share all the gory details with your friend regarding their cancer, treatment, prognosis, etc. The patient has doctors for that!
- Be persistent in your support! Call, send cards, email…show support in whatever way you can. NEVER expect a response. Depending on where the patient is in the journey, they may not be up to responding…just keep supporting! Trust me, your love and support will lift the patient up.
- Pace yourself! Battling cancer can be a long process… A little support ALL the way through is much better than 24/7 support for the first couple weeks!
- Pray for your friend often and be sure to be extra grateful for all the blessings in YOUR life!
by Dawn Veselka – Radiation Therapist and owner of Out of the Blue Delivered
Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, we’ve been looking for a new and unique way to wear a pink ribbon! Check out our newest offerings by artist Elena.
Done in her signature “under the glass” style, these pendants are trendy, meaningful and gorgeous! Order one at Out of the Blue Delivered today! Remember, we deliver in the Orlando, FL area and ship worldwide!
While conducting market research, one wish item came up over and over again… something warm, soft and comforting for anyone in the hospital or a nursing home or receiving chemotherapy or dialysis treatments.
So, we decided to create the Hug Shrug - a super soft blanket that is 25″ wide and 58″ long. Featuring designer fabric on one side and super-soft minky on the other, the Hug Shrug is designed to wrap around the shoulders in a super, silky-soft hug!
Once we had the concept, we knew just the artist to make them for us: Erin over at One Lucky Baby! (In fact, Erin helped us come up with the name Hug Shrug.) Her baby blankets are trendy, fun, amazingly soft and have been featured in Funky Finds, My Retro Baby, Urban Baby Daily, Southern Living and more.
Send someone a HUG today!! Click to see our Hug Shrugs!